Friday, December 17, 2010

Circa The Prince

Last night I got to go to the prince for dessert! Well it ended up being espresso martini, duck liver parfait, rabbit Raviolo... And then dessert! Oh can't forget the Albarino....
Anyway! me and my good friend Kirsten ( cake maker extraodinaire) met up for dessert, and had The Queen of Puddings. Which makes me think of an Alice in Wonderland style pudding... Having read what a Queen of puddings is we werent all that keen, custard, jam, meringue, sure? But how wrong were we! The custard! The jam! The meringue! All served in a beautiful cast iron dish, with a sauce boat of creme' anglaise, this simple dessert was just perfect. I love the dining experience of sharing food, it makes things so much more personal, and well although we were given plates and serving spoons, we both ended up eating it straight out of the dish! Ladies of course!
how perfect is that meringue!

No comments:

Post a Comment